Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Web-quest Mini-lesson

After completing the lesson I felt that the student was able to meet the learning target. I showed her the entire process step by step and explained it as I went along. I felt that the example worked well because when the student completed the process she was successful and remembered how to do all of the steps. I think using an example to introduce the process was more effective than if I just walked them through verbally while they did all the actions. Letting the student observe was effective because she was able to pay more attention to the process instead of worrying about each individual step, which could cause them to fall behind or get easily confused.
If I were to teach the lesson again I would still use an example of the process to introduce the lesson. I would give the students more time to investigate the information needed to select the image instead of just telling them what to search for. I think if the student was in control of the investigation it would make the learning more meaningful than when I just gave them a characteristic to search for. Part of my mini-lesson was keeping track of the resources used. If I were to do this lesson in the classroom I would not only have students keep track of the websites they have used to access the images. I would also teach them how to properly cite each image as a part of their final assignment. For the WebQuest a list of resources is sufficient, but I think knowing proper citations is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment